Thanks for stopping by!

This blog is intended to keep me focused on my journy of a years worth of 30 day challenges. Feel free to tag along, make up your own challenges, or find entertainment in my self-torture. Xoxo

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Someone Fell Off the Wagon.

I had a great breakfast and lunch today! Made some tasty eggs for breakfast, and had a Chicken Chipotle Bistro Box from Starbucks. I tossed the tortillas out so that was cool.

This evening, however, we had a very special friend come to visit us and he wanted to treat us to dinner. I figured since it was an extra special occasion, I deserved a "vacation meal". I was so impressed with myself this evening, let me tell you!

I ordered two chicken enchiladas which came with rice and beans. I only ate half of each enchilada and I left most of the tortilla it came wrapped in. I had a few bites of rice and ate my beans. It was sooo good, but what tasted even more delicious was the fact that I didn't feel overly tempted to devour everything on my plate. I really feel like I've made a life-style change here, not a temporary fix. So so so proud.

Cat! You'll have to let me know if I'm still allowed to pick your April challenge. I haven't decided what it'll be, but we'll see how you feel.

Funny thing is... I knew if at any point I were to cave during this challenge, it would be over Mexican food. LOL

3 comments:

  1. So are sticking to super-low-carb for the next 19 days as planned or since you ate a little one night are you done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm definitely sticking to my original plan. Last night was just a special special occasion. I may fall from time to time (hopefully not again) but I don't quick! At least when it's something I really put effort into.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, and the true challenge is not to be perfect but to stretch, grow and improve. A blip here and there is nothing. I can't wait to see what you'll do to me in April. Bring it!

    ReplyDelete