Thanks for stopping by!

This blog is intended to keep me focused on my journy of a years worth of 30 day challenges. Feel free to tag along, make up your own challenges, or find entertainment in my self-torture. Xoxo

Saturday, January 7, 2012

"Early to Bed, Early to Rise...

Makes a Girl Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise."


Yesterday was quite a long day and I didn't quite have the energy to post. But, for good reason! My friend Cat bragged to me that she was hitting the gym early in the morning before work. I figured, if this woman who has four kids at home AND a full time job, can find time to get to the gym before her motherly duties kicked in I should have no problem with it either.


So, I did. I had my gym clothes all prepared for the morning, and my outfit for the following day packed as well. I woke up before the sun at 5:15AM (the earliest I've been up since I don't know how long) and made my way to the car. I should have had something to eat, but I need to retrain my body to be physically able to eat in the morning. I stayed for a bit over an hour, hit the weights and all that jazz, and felt amazing. I truly believe early morning work outs are for me! I stopped at Starbucks on the way to work, grabbed a coffee and a banana, and started my day! 


I packed some eggs and a chicken and apple Aidell's sausage for breakfast, which i scrambled up really quick at work for breakfast. I felt great all day long! I only really slowed down at about 2:30 where I really could have used some more food, but I waited until I got home with Boone.


For dinner we made pork chops with cream of mushroom soup, mixed veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots), and Boone had some rice. It was so delicious and satisfying! I was one happy camper last night! With a full belly and a smile, I sat on the couch to watch The Bachelor, and found myself dozing off. At 10:30PM my bed was calling my name, so I succumbed to the exhaustion I was carrying around and hit the sheets. I slept great and woke up at 10AM! So far today has been going swimmingly, I'm a little sore from the gym, but I can handle it! I'll post again tonight! <3<3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Later that evening... ;)


I got home from running some early morning errands with Boone and made myself some breakfast. Two perfectly fried eggs with two pieces of bacon. Mmm protein! Who can turn down bacon?! I only had a couple more hours before I needed to start dinner (homemade chili) so I did some things around the house, then got to work!


The chili was such a hit, I wish I would have made more for the neighbors! With ingredients like (more) bacon, tons of onion, fresh bell peppers, and good-for-me fiber, it really couldn't have been better. I topped mine with cheese, sour cream, and some diced jalapeno. Great for clogging my carb-less arteries LOL! Overall, a great meal, and I didn't even miss the cornbread (too much) that everyone else was enjoying.


I'm feeling rather successful these last couple days. Bread/pasta/potato cravings and decreased almost completely. I can smell, cook, and look at all of those things without feeling overly tempted. As I write this, Boone is sitting next to me eating powdered mini donuts, and I'm not the slightest bit jealous that I can't have any. If nothing more, I have really gained a sense of awareness about my previous carb-laced diet. I remember saying one time "there is no way I could live with out bread". Now I think of saying that and know it is simply not true! Those foods definitely comforted and entertained me more than they nourished me. 


However, I am still looking forward to ending this challenge in 24 days. Not because I can't handle it, but because I feel like I've learned more about myself in the last week than I ever knew. I'm not really sure what else there is to discover.


Furthermore, I am so grateful to have a February plan in store, so I don't revert back to old ways. Basically, remember there are better things for breakfast than bagels and cream cheese, and that if I am going to keep carbs in my life, they better be whole grain. Otherwise, it's just garbage in my body, and I plan to keep my body of the utmost priority. 


Until next time! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited about this post Rosie! You are awesome and it is so worth it to stick with it. Congrats.

    By the way, were those "early morning errands" after you'd gotten up at 10am? ;-)

    ReplyDelete